Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Restoring the Soul

First of all, I wanna say why I named this post 'restoring the soul' because I am reading the book of Psalms and when I read Psalms, I can always find myself being restored by God's words again and again. Those words give a soothing feeling. I cannot tell exactly why but that's what I really feel.

I remember that my friend, Susan told me once why she likes to read Psalms so much. She said that she reads Psalms every time when she feels down or sad or when she needs a moment of refreshment for her life. I actually agree with her a lot and I find myself feeling the same way while reading Psalms.

I am now reading up to Psalm 23 and keep continuing until I finish this book. There is a snippet of words from this psalm, which is:

"The Lord is my shepard, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiete waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23:2-3)

These words illustrates a kind of life that I am always loning for. I am not really ambious and trying to get anything possible or following up the hot-button issues or catching up with the hot trendy stuff in my life but I want to enjoy peace and quiet, to rest and revive in the midst of our harried life. Something people think I am boring because I don't really like to go out so much or I am somehow no fun to be with but I always tell them that I like to be at home because I want to enjoy the moment that I can rest and revive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home