Monday, February 26, 2007

The Pinnacle of Our Experience...

I don't really know how to name this title of this post, but I still gave a general title. I wanna share something with you over here. This is a piece of study note from my Bible and I would like to share it with all of you. I guess that passage is beautiful and worthy reading. Here it is:

(from Luci Swindoll, You Bring the Confett, God Brings the Joy, pp. 142-143)

"The essence of beauty is transient, short-lived, fleeting. It is in the eye of the beholder, relative to the correlation of things at hand and our mood at any given moment. It is fairer and better than what we see or hear. It is born out of the commonplace, household life, personal relations, beating heart, meeting eyes, poverty, necesssity, hope and fear. And finally, the real celebrating of its presence comes as we recall it in our memory, replaying the old records of our thoughts, gazing at the gallery of pictures with the eye of remembrance, and singing the song that is going on within us, a song to which we listen. These moments are the pinnacle of our experience, lifting us out of the dreary circumstances and giving us pleasure and delight until we fall back and again become our ordinary selves. They must be interwoven into our daily existence in order to make life endurable and sweet."

I don't know what you will feel after reading this, but it touches my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home