Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year Resolutions

It's close to the end of the year. I have some resolutions for this upcoming new year, 2007. Let's see what I have in mind for my New Year resolutions:

1. Practice and Improve My English:
This may sound weird to some of you. Since I moved back to Taiwan, I feel like that my English proficiency is dropping and I start to say more 'clipped English." Luckily, I am listening to ESL Podcast quite often and it helps my English to stay the same level or improve a little bit. Fortunately, my English is not dropping too fast. I have some American friends to hang out with, hopefully, they can help me pick up more.

2. Spend More Time with Friends:
Not just spending more friends hanging out with old friends but also I want to make some new friends. Ever since I came to this new work place, I don't really know much about the people I work with, except the people who share the same office with me.

3. Spend More Time Reading Bible and Other Books:
I used to read a lot (mostly my textbooks from the school) but I want myself this year to take more time reading something else, namely, magazines, Bible, books, journal articles related to my discipline of the study, etc. (I have spent so much time reading my Bible and my favorite lingustics books.)

4. Try to Be More Open-Minded and Positive:
I guess I am positive sometimes, but not that positive. I had been depressed for a while for various reasons (family issues, relationship, friendship, school, looking for a job, yadah..yadah..) but I am looking forward to a new life, a brand new life this coming year. Hopefully, things will change a bit for me.

5. Travel Somewhere:
I always love travelling. I am thinking this coming year, I can take my family to somewhere overseas. My sister has been saying if I can take my niece to Hong Kong Disney Land, I am thinking about it. Probably I may take her to go there this summer. (I also want to go to Austrilia or New Zealand as well, probably mainland China, U.S., Canada, Europe ....)

I don't know there are any more New Year Resolutions I have, but those fives are what I have in mind so far. I am sticking to them everyday and making them workable on the daily basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home